HR Services

Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 0730 – 1600 EST
Lunch: 1130 – 1300 EST
Phones Open for Customer Service: M-F, 1300 – 1600 EST
Closed on weekends and Federal/Training Holidays


”As selection boards continue to be executed, we have noticed an increase in call volume and concern from Soldier’s eligible for those boards. We are aware that Active Component ORB updates to three specific fields are not updating correctly: Section I – Overseas / Deployment / Combat Duty Assignment Information; Section VIII – Awards and Decorations and Section IX – Assignment Information. HRC recognizes this concern and is working to fix the issue. I ask you to continue to ensure the effected three sections on the ORB are updated and correct in eMILPO. Please understand that although the Record Brief is generally a useful tool for selection boards, it is not considered a “source document” for board member consideration. Since this is a widespread issue, at every active officer selection board, the DA Secretariat briefs the voting members of the concern and reminds board members to rely on the performance documents in the officer’s Army Military Human Resources Record (AMHRR), which contains all of the appropriate and accurate information pertaining to your career. We are working diligently to make the repairs as soon as possible and appreciate your assistance in getting this message to the affected Soldiers.”


Training and Defense Travel System (DTS)



Submit DA Form 31 to:

Please submit the copy of your latest end of month LES as supporting document along with your DA Form 31.

Request for CONUS ordinary leave must be received no less than 15 working days prior to start date of leave. Combine your CONUS documents into one PDF before submitting. 

Request for OCONUS ordinary leave must be received no less than 60 working days prior to start date of leave.  Please complete and submit USASD-FormAPACS-FEB 2018 with your request. Combine your OCONUS documents into one PDF before submitting. 

“Requests for OCONUS PTDY, first obtain approval from the HRC Programs Managers. If approved by HRC, that approval is only for that location. If traveling outside of that country (location) during PTDY or staying in that country (location) after PTDY ends, a new OCONUS Ordinary Leave Form DA Form 31 must be submitted to USASD to request approval to travel to those locations. If you intend to stay in that country (location) longer than your PTDY period, include these dates on the DA Form 31 and annotate on the Remarks Section, Block 17: AUTH PTDY for From and To dates. Traveling to other countries (location) outside of the authorized approved location is prohibited without prior approval (APACS and USASD) for travel in those countries (locations).”

Request and Authority for Leave (DA Form 31) will be processed in accordance with USASD Policy.  Leave request not in compliance with above time frame, USASD Policy and AR 600-8-10 will be returned without action.  No exceptions.

Please keep in mind that we support over 2,400 Students world-wide.

Submitted DA Form 31 will be processed in accordance with USASD Policy. Leave request not in compliance with above dates, USASD Policy and AR 600-8-10 will be returned without action.

Examples for completing: DA Form 31, block 7, “ORGN, STATION AND PHONE NO.

Examples of unit address:

USASD/University Name or Training Location Name

Duty location address: Example, 499 N Hurst Bourne Parkway           

Duty Location City, State and Zip code: Example, Louisville, KY 40223     

Phone: Everyone will use the Staff Duty Phone number, (803) 348-8601


Please submit request with supporting documents to email below. This will allow us to better assist you in a timely manner.  Request submitted without supporting documents will not be processed. You will receive a response or update no later than 7 days from receipt of request. 

Social Security Number (SSN) is required on each document. It is the Soldier’s responsibility to list their SSN on the top right corner of each document.

NOTE: Students in the Green to Gold program will submit the request to their representative.  Select Green to Gold tab under menu for more information.


DD Form 93/SGLI/Personnel and Finance Readiness Review/Statement of Service and Employment Verification.

The link to update Service Member’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI) Online Enrollment (SOES) is  The instructions for completing the form can be found at SGLI UPDATE SCREENSHOTS.

Correction to documents in IPERMS, use this document: 


Social Security Number (SSN) is required on each document. It is the Soldier’s responsibility to list their SSN on the top right corner of each document.

To submit documents for upload to IPERMS, send email to:


Due to the lack of capabilities and printing equipment, U.S. Army Student Detachment (USASD) is unable to generate Officer promotion certificates.

 Those certificates are printed on the large size forms which we do not have access to get and we also do not have a printer designed to print on those certificates as well.

Unfortunately, since USASD is not organized in the same way that a typical unit is designed, we do not possess the resources to operate like an S-1 to provide those functions.

However, Officers can use the orders published by the Human Resources Command (HRC) to conduct promotion ceremonies as well as a supporting document for their promotion.

View your eMILPO MySRB (ERB/ORB) at: https//

To better assist in updating section IX – Assignment Information, use the excel spreadsheet to detail accurate history i.e. organization, dates and duty titles. Submit requested changes along with support documents to ORB/ERB email box.

Download and use the “Assignment-Update” spreadsheet below to update your assignment history. Complete and send to the “ORB-ERB Updates” email address above:


Social Security Number (SSN) is required on each document. It is the Soldier’s responsibility to list their SSN on the top right corner of each document.

HRC is responsible for updating Civilian Education and Regimental Affiliation. To add Civilian Education to your ORB/ERB, send by certified mail the official transcript to your respective Branch Career Manager which can be found via

MILPER 17-193

Per MILPER Message 17-193, Transcript Requirements for Updating Army Personnel Records, the transcript must bear the following information:

  1. Educational institution seal, watermark, or letterhead.

  2. If conferring degree is listed, need type of degree (e.g. associates, bachelors, masters) and date the degree was awarded.

  3. Educational institution official’s stamp or signature.

MILPER 17-193 issued 19 Jun 2017, has been published to standardize rules for uploading transcripts to Soldier’s iPERMS record (AMHRR/OMPF). The MILPER can be viewed at

usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.perms-records@mail.milor (502) 613-8888.
usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.tagd-aces@mail.milor (502) 613-9013.

ILE Deferment – DA Form 4187

Complete document for ILE Deferment and submit to:

Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB)

Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)

  • To request to take the DLPT (annual certification), complete and submit a Personnel Action (DA Form 4187) using the following example DA-Form-4187-REQUEST-DLPT .
  • To request a FLPB extension while assigned at an OCONUS location use the following example OCONUS FLPB EXTENSION DA Form 4187.
  • Upon completion of taking DLPT, please submit approved Language Proficiency Questionnaire (DA Form 330).  Please allow 5 to 15 business days for processing.
  • Submit all other request/inquiries via email to
  • Completed FLPB orders will be sent to the service member (SM) and Finance for processing.  Please select the Finance tab under menu for current list of POC’s.

FLPB extension

In accordance with AR 11-6, service members assigned outside the continental United States (OCONUS) where testing facilities are not available may submit a request for extension.

Complete and submit the following:

Once FLPB orders are cut and processed, allow a pay period or two for FLPB to update and reflect on Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).

For any discrepancies or issues with FLPB entitlement(s) submit request/inquiries via e-mail to the Finance Pay Inquiries inbox at