Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 0730 – 1600 EST
Lunch: 1130 – 1300 EST
Phones Open for Customer Service: M-F, 1300 – 1600 EST
Closed on weekends and Federal/Training Holidays
By Phone: (803) 751-6467
***ATTENTION*** due to Covid-19, Student Detachment is currently tele-working and working with a dispersed schedule; therefore, the USASD is in operation 5 days a week, but with minimal personnel to protect our Staff and to keep within DHEC’s health guidance. Likewise, what normally takes 30-45 days for you to receive your DD214 may take longer and therefore a specific time-frame cannot be determined. We ask for your patience during these times as we work diligently on your out-processing packet.
Out-process the USASD:
- Green To Gold Out-Processing Checklist
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders and amendment, if applicable
- DA Form 71 – Oath of Office “Active Duty” (Note, both PCS orders “active entry date” and DA71 enlistment date must be the same.)
- Current Enlisted Record Brief (ERB)
- DD Form 93 (Dated within 1 year)
- SGLV (Dated within 1 year)
- Mailing address form Submit your out-processing @ firstname.lastname@example.org – a read receipt is highly recommend to inform you, your packet was received.
- Please allow up to 30 days, from the day you submit your packet, for processing before making any telephonic inquiries.
Q & A
Documents must be submitted in PDF format and in 1 pdf file. Scanned documents are highly recommended to be clear and readable, dirt-free, or any other deficiency i.e. readable and not faded.
You are now required to have your PMS approve any leave you take from the point of your commissioning as stated in your PCS orders instructions.
Documents must be submitted in PDF format and in 1 pdf file. Scanned
You are no longer required to submit a BAH form as all information remains the same unless you’ve recently changed status from single to married or with child and have not reported this to the USASD/receiving BAH at the with dependent rate. If you have not already done so, you will have to submit a request, along with your supporting documentation to the finance inquiry inbox @ email@example.com.
Your pay update will not take in effect until about 1 month after you’ve received your DD214, any like inquiries made prior to this will not produce any new result.
It is the Service Member’s responsibility to ensure PCS orders are accurate; Student Detachment does not have authority to change, amend, correct, or modify PCS orders published by another Military Personnel Division activity!Soldiers conducting a Personal Property Movement (PPM) or partial PPM must finalize settlement voucher at the nearest military installation, per JFTR regulation. Additional information may be found at Defense Personal Property System (DPS) website at www.move.mil.