Green to Gold – HR Services

Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 0730 – 1600 EST
Lunch: 1130 – 1300 EST
Phones Open for Customer Service: M-F, 1300 – 1600 EST
Closed on weekends and Federal/Training Holidays


”As selection boards continue to be executed, we have noticed an increase in call volume and concern from Soldier’s eligible for those boards. We are aware that Active Component ORB updates to three specific fields are not updating correctly: Section I – Overseas / Deployment / Combat Duty Assignment Information; Section VIII – Awards and Decorations and Section IX – Assignment Information. HRC recognizes this concern and is working to fix the issue. I ask you to continue to ensure the effected three sections on the ORB are updated and correct in eMILPO. Please understand that although the Record Brief is generally a useful tool for selection boards, it is not considered a “source document” for board member consideration. Since this is a widespread issue, at every active officer selection board, the DA Secretariat briefs the voting members of the concern and reminds board members to rely on the performance documents in the officer’s Army Military Human Resources Record (AMHRR), which contains all of the appropriate and accurate information pertaining to your career. We are working diligently to make the repairs as soon as possible and appreciate your assistance in getting this message to the affected Soldiers.”


Submit Personnel Action (DA Form 31) to:

Submit a copy of your latest end of month LES as supporting document along with your DA Form 31.

FY20 -TRADOC-Training-Holiday-Memo

Request for CONUS ordinary leave must be received 15 business days prior to start of leave. Combine documents in one PDF file. 

Request for OCONUS leave must be received 60 working days prior to the start of leave.  Complete and submit USASD-Form–APACS-FEB 2018. Combine documents in one PDF file. 

Request and Authority for Leave (DA Form 31) will be processed in accordance with USASD Policy.  Leave request not in compliance with above time frame, will be returned without action.  No exceptions.

Examples for completing: DA Form 31, block 8, “ORGN, STATION AND PHONE NO.

USASD/University Name or Training Location Name

Duty location address: Example, 499 N Hurst Bourne Parkway

Duty Location City, State and Zip code: Example, Louisville, KY 40223

Phone: Everyone will use the Staff Duty Phone number, (803) 348-8601

Family Separation Allowance (FSA)

Family Separation Allowance due to Temporary Duty

Soldiers may request for Family Separation during training, in the event that the Soldier is separated from their family, and if training exceeds 30 days.


Submit request with supporting documents to email below. Request submitted without supporting documents will not be processed.


DD Form 93/SGLI/Personnel and Finance Readiness Review/Statement of Service and Employment Verification.

The link to update Service Member’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI) Online Enrollment (SOES) is  The instructions for completing the form can be found at SGLI UPDATE SCREENSHOTS.

For Correction to documents in IPERMS, use this document: 



Since USASD is not designed in the same way as a typical unit and because our resources are limited, Student Detachment is unable to generate promotion certificates.  You may use the order published by the Human Resources Command (HRC) to conduct promotion ceremonies as well as a supporting document for your promotion.


To access My SRB visit: https//


Use the excel spreadsheet to detail accurate history i.e. organization, dates, and duty titles.

Use the spreadsheet linked below to update your assignment history:

Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB)

Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)

  • To request to take the DLPT (annual certification), submit a completed Personnel Action (DA Form 4187) using the following example DA Form 4187 REQUEST DLPT

HRC is responsible for updating Civilian Education and Regimental Affiliation. To add Civilian Education to your ERB, send by certified mail the official transcript to your respective Branch Career Manager which can be found via

Per MILPER Message 17-193, Transcript Requirements for Updating Army Personnel Records, the transcript must bear the following information:

  1. Educational institution seal, watermark, or letterhead.
  2. If conferring degree is listed, need type of degree (e.g. associates, bachelors, masters) and date the degree was awarded.
  3. Educational institution official’s stamp or signature.

MILPER 17-193 issued 19 Jun 2017, has been published to standardize rules for uploading transcripts to Soldier’s iPERMS record (AMHRR/OMPF). The MILPER can be viewed at