Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 0730 – 1600 EST
Lunch: 1130 – 1300 EST
Phones Open for Customer Service: M-F, 1300 – 1600 EST
Closed on weekends and Federal/Training Holidays
If you receive an email from DFAS indicating that you have been identified as being in a Permanent Change of Station status for over 90 days (enlisted) or 120 days (officer) contact us, immediately to avoid suspension of pay. Use the following email address with a subject line title “DFAS Suspension”, email@example.com or call 803-751-3795.
Incomplete or missing documents will delay processing your Finance packet and start/stop of PCS entitlements.
POINT OF CONTACT (POC)
Pay Inquiries/GTCC New Applications/GTCC Credit Limit Increase/GTCC
Re-Instatement/GTCC Mission Critical Status
- By Phone: (803) 751-5747/3626/3566
- By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance In-Processing Inquiries:
Last Name (A-H)
- By Phone: (803) 751-5747
Last Name (I-P)
- By Phone: (803) 751-3626
Last Name (Q-Z)
- By Phone: (803) 751-3566
Use Enterprise email when contacting U. S. Army Student Detachment and encrypted Enterprise email when sending sensitive data.
Students departing USASD on a full cost move are authorized to request an Advanced Pay incident to their move. To ensure timely processing of your Advanced Pay request, please submit a completed Finance Out-processing packet to include a copy of PCS orders, signed DA Form 31 and DD Form 2560; must be received within the established guidelines posted below and USASD Policy.
Mandatory Use of the Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) for Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses
During out-processing Students will be placed in a PCS mission critical status for 90-120 days starting the first day of PCS Leave. The students GTCC will be activated during the PCS move.
If you do not possess a GTCC, contact the USASD Finance Representative immediately to submit an application. Individually Billed Account Travel Card Set Up Form is available at Citi Bank.
See Policy Memorandum #11 for more information and the Finance Out-Processing packet (linked below).
Finance Fact Sheet
Per DFAS guidance as of September 15, 2017, the preferred method for travel claim submission is thru the DFAS smart voucher system. The process takes less time and if any documents are needed, DFAS will reach out to the Soldier directly. https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/travelpay/smartvoucher.html
Reviewer Signature. This can be your local Supervisor at your current physical location or a peer. DFAS won’t return without action, as long as it is signed.
Also, for any Early Return of Dependents (ERD), Dependent Student Travel (DST), Concurrent Travel, Deferred Travel orders please contact your branch manager first or send an email to HRC at email@example.com
- Average Turn Around Time for Travel Payments is 4 to 6 weeks. Travel Payments include Dislocation Allowance (DLA), Travel Per Diem, and Mileage Allowance.
- Average Turn Around Time for Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) is 4 to 6 weeks. It is submitted through Smart Voucher with DFAS Form 9098 with lodging receipts.
- Average Turn Around Time for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) is 4 weeks. Unlike other travel entitlements, TLA is not a payment independent of your regular pay allowances. TLA will reflect on your LES and will pay out with either your mid month or end of month pay. Submit and approved memorandum from your local housing office with lodging receipts.
- Requesting a Dislocation Allowance (DLA) Advance Payment
DFAS Travel Voucher site: Defense Finance and Accounting Service > MilitaryMembers > travelpay > armypcs
Travel vouchers are processed in the order they are received.
Army Soldiers whose PCS claims are paid by DFAS Rome, should use SmartVoucher to request a Dislocation Allowance (DLA) Advance, if you qualify for this advance. Use of SmartVoucher will help mitigate delays during surge.
Login into SmartVoucher https://smartvoucher.dfas.mil/voucher/ with your CAC or myPay userid and password.
Select Create Travel Advance button.
Enter or *Review/Edit Profile Data
Answer “YES” to “Are you requesting an advance for DLA?”
Enter or *Review/Edit Dependent Data (as needed)
Attached Orders and All Amendments
*If Soldier has used SmartVoucher prior, personal and dependent data will be auto-populated.
Personally Procured Move (PPM) (also referred to as a DITY move)
- PPMs are to be settled by the destination transportation office, regardless of branch of service. Ft. Jackson transportation office does not settle students PPMs.
- If there is any confusion on where to take/send your documents visit the Defense Personal Property System (DPS) website at http://www.move.mil/common/locator_maps/transportation_offices.cfm.
- Choose your state
- Choose the transportation office you feel is closest. Contact information will be provided in the drop down Menu.
BAH Secretarial Waiver