Hours of Operations
Monday – Friday: 0730 – 1630 EST
Lunch Hour: 1200 – 1300 EST
Phones Open for Customer Service: 1300 – 1600 EST
Closed on weekend and Federal/Training Holidays
AC ORB UPDATES IN REGARDS TO SELECTION BOARDS MESSAGE, FROM THE ADJUTANT GENERAL.
”As selection boards continue to be executed, we have noticed an increase in call volume and concern from Soldier’s eligible for those boards. We are aware that Active Component ORB updates to three specific fields are not updating correctly: Section I – Overseas / Deployment / Combat Duty Assignment Information; Section VIII – Awards and Decorations and Section IX – Assignment Information. HRC recognizes this concern and is working to fix the issue. I ask you to continue to ensure the effected three sections on the ORB are updated and correct in eMILPO. Please understand that although the Record Brief is generally a useful tool for selection boards, it is not considered a “source document” for board member consideration. Since this is a widespread issue, at every active officer selection board, the DA Secretariat briefs the voting members of the concern and reminds board members to rely on the performance documents in the officer’s Army Military Human Resources Record (AMHRR), which contains all of the appropriate and accurate information pertaining to your career. We are working diligently to make the repairs as soon as possible and appreciate your assistance in getting this message to the affected Soldiers.” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-435515
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 0745-1630 EST
Open for costumer service on Monday through Friday from 1300 hours through 1600 hours
Minimal Staffing during Lunch Hour and Training Holidays.
Closed on weekends and Federal Holidays.
Please do not Cc anyone else on Student Detachment Staff when emailing group email boxes or sending the same email multiple times. You are increasing the workload and causing multiple entries in your records. Multiple emails and Cc emails slow down our service to everyone.
Training and Defense Travel System (DTS)
Actions, Leaves, Passes and Permissive TDY.
- By Phone: (803) 751-9824
- Submit Personnel Action to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit DA Form 31 to: usarmy.jackson.CAC.email@example.com
Request for CONUS ordinary leave 29 days or less must be received no less than 15 working days prior to start date of leave.
Request for CONUS ordinary leave 30 days or greater must be received no less than 30 working days prior to start date of leave.
Request for OCONUS ordinary leave must be received no less than 60 working days prior to start date of leave. Please complete and submit USASD Form-APACS and DA Form 4187 OCONUS Leave with your request.
Request and Authority for Leave (DA Form 31) will be processed in accordance with USASD Policy Memorandums #9 and #11. Leave request not in compliance with above time frame, USASD Policy Memorandums #9 and #11 and AR 600-8-10 will be returned without action. No exceptions.
Please keep in mind that we support over 2,300 Students world-wide.
Submitted DA Form 31 will be processed in accordance with USASD Policy Memorandum #9. Leave request not in compliance with above dates, USASD Policy Memorandum #9 and AR 600-8-10 will be returned without action.
Examples for completing: DA Form 31, block 8, “ORGN, STATION AND PHONE NO.
Examples of unit address:
USASD/University Name or Training Location Name
Duty location address: Example, 499 N Hurst Bourne Parkway
Duty Location City, State and Zip code: Example, Louisville, KY 40223
Phone: Everyone will use the Staff Duty Phone number, (803) 429-5139
USA Student Detachment Programs:
Advance Civil Schooling Graduate and Doctorate Program (ACS)
Funded Legal Education Program (FLEP)
Degree Completion Program (DCP)
Joint and International Service Schools (SS)
Training with Industry (TWI)
Active-Duty Green-to-Gold Option (GG)
Foreign Area Officers In-Country Training (FAO)
Records Review and Updates
Please submit request with supporting documents to email below. This will allow us to better assist you in a timely manner. Request submitted without supporting documents will not be processed. You will receive a response or update no later than 7 days from receipt of request. Students in the Green to Gold program will submit request to their representative. Select Green to Gold tab under menu.
- By Phone: (803) 751-5382
OMPF/DD Form 93/SGLI/Personnel and Finance Readiness Review/Statement of Service and Employment Verification.
Submit Service Member’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI) Online Enrollment (SOES) to iPERMS email address below: https://www.benefits.va.gov/INSURANCE/SOES.asp
Submit Documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit ORB and ERB Updates to: email@example.com
Temporary Duty (TDY) and Return Travel
TDY and return travel request are processed using the Defense Travel System (DTS). DTS is an online system that automates TDY travel processing. It allows travelers to create authorizations, book reservations, receive approval, generate payment vouchers, and direct payment to their bank accounts and Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC).
Permissive and TDY and return travel request for civilian school requirements will be submitted to the appropriate Advanced Education Program Manager for processing. Please visit the USASD Advanced Education Programs page for contact information.
TDY and return travel request for Foreign Area Officer (FAO) training and FAO-related travel must be submitted to the incumbent FAO proponent budget office and Regional Manager.
TDY and return travel request for Military Training Specific Allotment (MTSA) funded courses must have a confirmed reservation in the Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS) and authorized for attendance as a TDY and return as listed in the MTSA Handbook. To confirm current enrollments visit ATRRS website at https://www.atrrs.army.mil/.Requests for courses that are not MTSA funded as TDY en route will not be approved unless the Service member is on assignment instructions.
Ensure DTS profile is up-to-date. DTS profile update procedures listed below under “Keeping Your DTS Profile Up To Date”.
If you have questions or concerns contact POC below.
- By Phone: (803) 751-5372/3795
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Your DTS Profile Up To Date
It is very important that the information in your DTS profile is up-to-date. If it isn’t, your travel itinerary may be sent to the wrong email address or your travel reimbursement could be affected. To review or update your profile, log in to DTS and go to Traveler Setup>Update Personal Profile.
While it is recommended that you review all sections of your profile, pay particular attention to these fields:
- Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) expiration date and card number – If you’ve recently received a new GTCC, you must update the card number and/or expiration date in your profile (this is not done automatically). For instructions, see How to Update Your DTS Profile.
- Email address – Without a current email address on file, you will not receive your trip details (confirmations) or updates on the status of your authorization/voucher.
- Banking information – If you recently closed an account, your reimbursement will be delayed.
- Phone numbers – In case there is a problem with your travel reservations, your CTO must have a good number to reach you.
- Billing address
- Emergency contact information
Contact USASD Finance Team to activate GTCC at least 10 days prior to TDY report date.
Frequent questions can be viewed at DTS frequently asked questions.
Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB)
Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
- To request to take the DLPT (annual certification), complete and submit a Personnel Action (DA Form 4187) using the following example DA Form 4187 REQUEST DLPT.
- To request a FLPB extension while assigned at an OCONUS location use the following example OCONUS FLPB EXTENSION DA Form 4187.
- Upon completion of taking DLPT, please submit approved Language Proficiency Questionnaire (DA Form 330). Please allow 5 to 15 business days for processing.
- Submit all FAO (IRT) request/inquiries via email at usarmy.jackson.CAC.email@example.com
- Submit all other request/inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed FLPB orders will be sent to the service member (SM) and Finance for processing. Please select the Finance tab under menu for current list of POC’s.
In accordance with AR 11-6, service members assigned outside the continental United States (OCONUS) where testing facilities are not available may submit a request for extension.
Complete and submit the following:
- DA Form 4187 using the following example; OCONUS FLPB EXTENSION 4187 (EXAMPLE) along with most recent DA Form 330. Please allow 5 to 15 business days for processing.
- Submit all FAO (IRT) request/inquiries via e-mail at usarmy.jackson.CAC.email@example.com
- Submit all other request/inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed FLPB orders will be sent to the service member and finance for processing. Please select the Finance tab under menu for current list of POC’s.
Once FLPB orders are cut and processed, allow a pay period or two for FLPB to update and reflect on Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
For any discrepancies or issues with FLPB entitlement(s) submit request/inquiries via e-mail to the Finance pay mail box at email@example.com.
If you have any questions FAO (IRT), please contact USASD by phone at (803) 751-5389.
If you have any questions all others, please contact USASD by phone at (803) 751-5346.